NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)
The goal of national Service scheme or NSS as it is popularly known may be listed as follows;
- Service for the Nation and Humanity:
- To create a National Integration; and
- To develop the personality of its volunteer’s and imbibe in them leadership qualities.
The NSS Unit of M. Krishna law College, has put in a lot of efforts all these years to meet these goals and has been successful to a great extent in doing the same. The NSS Unit of our college has the vision to work forward with the mission of forgetting and surrendering one’s self and rendering selfless service to others. The enrollment in this Unit is open to all the students of this college irrespective of their caste, creed and religion.
OBJECTIVES BEHIND THE NSS
- To enable the students to understand the community in which they work;
- To understand themselves in relation to their community;
- To identify the needs and problems in the community solution of which they can be involved;
- To develop themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility;
- To apply education – find practical solution to individual & community problems;
- To develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities;
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation;
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude;
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and national disasters;
- To practice national integration.
The NSS unit our Institution has been engaged for utilizing the student services for betterment of people in remote villages, who have been absolutely deprived of enjoying even basic amenities of social life. The College NSS unit is trying to link the higher education with the socio-economic conditions of society and hence the activities are undertaken for the welfare of the weaker sections of the society.
Example of Grand success:
Due to the dedicated involvement of student volunteers of NSS and legal Aid Cell and the able guidance of In charge faculty, in association with District labour office, Hassan, they could be able to identify the beneficiaries and more than 4000 Identity cards were issued so far to construction labours to make avail them the benefits of various labour welfare schemes under the government. And many of the occasions the NSS unit could able to get the financial benefits to those beneficiaries form the government.